The Dolby.io Communications APIs platform includes processing to automatically adjust the level of all audio entering the platform. The goal of this levelling process is to provide a balanced and comfortable listening experience for all participants in a conference. Nonetheless, there are situations where a participant may experience issues where the level of audio is not as expected. The purpose of this guide is to provide some tips and tricks to help resolve these issues.
When investigating an issue with audio level:
- Ensure that the intended input and output devices are selected in the device selection controls
- Check that any hardware mute controls are disabled on the selected devices
- Check that the devices are not muted in the operating system controls
- Ensure that the microphone gain slider is above 50%
- Check whether the CPU usage is hitting maximum
Updated over 1 year ago