The Dolby.io Communications Client SDKs are compatible with the following Web Platforms and mobile operating systems. Certain features, such as simulcast, may have limited availability on certain platforms. Contact the Dolby.io Communications API support team for more information.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for Web is compatible with the following browsers:
- Chrome 105+
- Edge 105+
- Firefox 105+
- Safari 15.6+
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge 18 are not supported.
- Microsoft Edge 90 and later versions may work on macOS but have not been extensively tested and are not supported.
- Chrome and Safari with WebKitWebView may work on iOS but have not been extensively tested and are not supported.
- Prior browser versions may work, however we cannot guarantee full functionality. We strongly recommend upgrading to the latest supported browser version to optimize your experience.
- For supported browser platforms, we test against current and prior versions and will keep this document updated for minimum supported browser versions.
The Dolby Voice Codec (DVC), that is available in Dolby Voice conferences in SDK 3.5 and later versions, is supported only on Chrome and Edge on desktop operating systems. Using a different browser or a mobile operating system triggers the SDK to use Opus.
The following table presents the available codecs on the specific operating systems and browsers:
|Supported operating system||Supported browser|
|Windows||DVC or Opus||DVC or Opus||Opus||N/A|
|macOS||DVC or Opus||X||Opus||Opus|
* For Chrome compatibility with Android, contact Google for more information. The minimum supported Chrome version may not be compatible with earlier versions of Android.
The use of video processing requires using Chrome or Edge with Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) acceleration enabled and meeting the following minimum hardware requirements:
- i5 dual-core CPU
- 8GB of RAM
- 64-bit operating system
Simultaneous use of a few compute-intensive features, such as DVC, Music mode, video processing, Simulcast, and Video Forwarding, requires i7+ CPU with a GPU to ensure high-quality audio and low-latency video.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for Desktop is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 64 bit
- Apple macOS 10.15 and 11, 64 bit
Note: Desktop SDK 1.0.0 will function on Macs with the Apple M1 chip using x86 emulation.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for Android is compatible with Android 5.0 and later versions but the audio quality in Dolby Voice conferences on Android 5.x and 6.x has not been extensively tested. In the case of audio quality issues that occur in Dolby Voice conferences on Android 7.0 and later versions, Dolby offers support and delivers proper patches. The SDK is compatible with Java 8. We recommend the following project configuration:
- Android Studio 2021+
- Android Gradle Plugin 7.3 and Gradle Wrapper 7.4.+
The SDK supports all Android devices that are compatible, by default, with the underlying WebRTC implementation (m72) as well as the devices supporting the following codecs:
- MediaTek chipset (OMX.MTK.VIDEO.*)
- Qualcomm chipset (OMX.qcom.video.*)
- Huawei chipset (OMX.hisi.video.*)
For any other devices, contact the support team by providing the device name, version, and Android version. The Dolby.io Communications APIs team will add support through its standard Android device qualification process.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for iOS is compatible with iOS 12 and iPadOS 13 and later versions. The current SDK is compatible with Swift 5.7.0 and Xcode 14.0.
The following table lists Dolby.io Communications SDK for iOS versions and the supported Swift and Xcode versions:
|iOS SDK Version||Swift||Xcode|
|3.7.0 and later||5.7.0||14.0|
|3.3.3 - 3.6.0||5.6.0||13.3|
|3.3.1 - 3.3.2||5.5.2||13.2|
|3.2.3 - 3.3.0||5.5.1||13.1|
|3.1.5 - 3.2.1||5.4.0||12.5|
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for React Native is compatible with React Native 0.66 and later versions. Creating iOS applications requires using Xcode 12 with the iOS 14 support.
The Dolby.io Communications C++ SDK for server applications is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 18 LTS (gcc-7) (x86/64)
- Ubuntu 20 LTS (gcc-9) (x86/64)
The Dolby.io Communications C++ SDK for client applications is compatible with the following operating systems:
- macOS 10.14 (and later)
- Windows 10 (and later) (x86/x64)
The Dolby.io Communications Flutter SDK is compatible with Flutter 3.0.3 and later versions.
The Dolby.io Communications .NET SDK is compatible with the following operating systems:
- macOS 10.15 (and later) x64
- Windows 10 (and later) x64
The Dolby.io Virtual World plugin for Unreal Engine is compatible with Unreal Engine 4.27.2 and 5.0.3. The plugin is supported on Windows 10 and macOS 12.
Updated about 2 months ago