The Dolby.io Communications Client SDKs are compatible with the following Web Platforms and mobile operating systems. Certain features, such as simulcast, may have limited availability on certain platforms. Contact the Dolby.io Communications API support team for more information.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for Web is compatible with the following browsers:
- Chrome 93+
- Edge 93+
- Firefox 91+
- Safari 14.1+
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge 18 are not supported.
- Microsoft Edge 90 and later versions may work on macOS but have not been extensively tested and are not supported.
- Prior browser versions may work, however we cannot guarantee full functionality. We strongly recommend upgrading to the latest supported browser version to optimize your experience.
- For supported browser platforms, we test against current and prior versions and will keep this document updated for minimum supported browser versions.
|Supported operating system||Supported browser|
|Chrome 93+||Edge 93+||Firefox 91+||Safari 14.1|
* For Chrome compatibility with Android, contact Google for more information. The minimum supported Chrome version may not be compatible with earlier versions of Android.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for Desktop is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 64 bit
- Apple macOS 10.15 and 11, 64 bit
Note: Desktop SDK 1.0.0 will function on Macs with the Apple M1 chip using x86 emulation.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for Android is compatible with Android 5.0 and later versions but the audio quality in Dolby Voice conferences on Android 5.x and 6.x has not been extensively tested. In the case of audio quality issues that occur in Dolby Voice conferences on Android 7.0 and later versions, Dolby offers support and delivers proper patches. The SDK is compatible with Java 8 and Android Studio 3+.
The SDK supports all Android devices that are compatible, by default, with the underlying WebRTC implementation (m72) as well as the devices supporting the following codecs:
- MediaTek chipset (OMX.MTK.VIDEO.*)
- Qualcomm chipset (OMX.qcom.video.*)
- Huawei chipset (OMX.hisi.video.*)
For any other devices, contact the support team by providing the device name, version, and Android version. The Dolby.io Communications APIs team will add support through its standard Android device qualification process.
The Dolby.io Communications SDK for iOS is compatible with iOS 11 and iPadOS 13 and later versions. The SDK is compatible with Swift 5.5.1 and Xcode 13.1.
Updated 6 days ago