Remote Post Production
Dolby.io Real-time Streaming offers a solution that can deliver high-quality video under 500ms globally. Teams can collaborate on projects remotely in real time with high-quality video, 4k video, and 4.4.4 color. Remote cloud solutions offer tremendous time and cost savings. Critical projects can be be delivered on time. Also, split-second decisions can now be easily accomplished by collaborating in real time, remotely.
- REMI - Remote Integration Model a remote production workflow.
- WebRTC - Web Real Time Communication is an open source project that enables real-time voice, text and video communications capabilities.
- SRT - Secure Reliable Transport is an open source video streaming protocol that brings pristine quality, low-latency live video over the public internet.
- WHIP - Web RTC HTTP Ingest Protocol, which is the newest protocol to deliver secure real time streams. First hardware encoder to use WHIP is Oprey Talon.
In the Post-Production state, the filming has been completed and the editing process (adding visuals and sounds) begins. The post-production process includes the most important steps of completing a film and although very time intensive can be streamlined by enabling remote participation. With a remote post-production workflow filmmakers can work with editors, colorists, and sound engineers from anywhere in the world. Editing software like Adobe Premier, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve or Avid Media Composer can be used with Dolby.io Real-time Streaming (RTS) to allow teams to collaborate in real time to speed up the post-production processes.
The example above can use OBS WebRTC and available codec VP9 or AV1 where you can stream a 4k video with 4.4.4 color, critical for color grading.
Avid Media Encoder includes the ability to stream your editor using SRT. Dolby.io has the ability to publish SRT, so no addition software is needed. The following is the process flow:
- Publish to Dolby.io Real-time Streaming.
- Your remote team can all view with synced screens and HD quality. No additional decoding hardware is needed.
- Decisions are made in real time by your team for your masterpiece.
- Learn how to broadcast in the dashboard.
- Download the OBS WebRTC: Best for latency and quality settings.
- SRT Publishing with additional methods.
- Customizable embedded player.
- Low network connectivity features:
- Support for advanced codecs for better compression/lower bitrates: VP9, AV1.
- Simulcast for WebRTC publishers (ABR)
- Multi-bitrate for RTMP publishers
- Recording: Streams can be saved to your account as needed and enabled per token.
- Multi-Region Support: Global CDN for the best latency.
- GEO-blocking: Limit where your stream can be viewed.
- Multiview: Can be used for multiple camera angles or multiple codecs as needed. See the sample app.
- Analytics: Usage can be viewed in your portal. The API can be used to parse data to your site.
- APIs: Brand your own portal or integrate with your existing software.
- Webhooks: Allows notification of events with your live streams.
- SDKs: Create your own publisher and player that can be hosted in any website.
- Multiple language support
- Build your own application.
- Add Enterprise Cloud Media Processing for your master with Hybrik for Dolby ATMOS and Dolby Vision.
- Demo of Global CDN support with latency under 500ms.
- Simple Pricing. There is no hard cap on all paid account to ensure that live streams never stop. Plans can be upgraded or downgraded at any time.
- Pricing Calculator
- 99.99 Uptime viewable on the Status Page. Additional redundancy can be set up using multiple publishing gateways.
- Global CDN support with latency under 500ms.
- Unmatched support.
- Broadcast Quality up to 4k.
- HDR 10Bit with VP9 including 4.4.4 Color.
- Adaptive BitRate
- Multi Bitrate RTMP
- Synced viewer playback on any device.
- Publish from your mobile devices or tablet.
- No hardware needed. Dolby.io lets you use existing hardware or software.
- Playback support for most browsers and devices.
- AppleTV app (New)
- FireTV (Coming soon)
- Dolby.io forked OBS client with WebRTC support.
- Embeddable player for easy development with quick customization.
Best Practices Dolby Vision: Resolve is becoming the industry standard for Post Production workflows.
Post Production use cases
- NBC Universal
- 5th Kind
- Pacific Post
Dolby Articles on REMI
- Streaming Media Magazine (Release January 2023 Streaming Media Magazine)
- Dolby Blog